This website is controlled and operated by Novo Nordisk Limited (the "Novo Nordisk", "we", "us" or "our"). We are a limited liability company registered in England and Wales (company number 01118740. Our registered office address is: Broadfield Park, Brighton Road, Crawley, West Sussex RH11 9RT).
This website is for people with diabetes who have an interest in participation in clinical trials or registered users only. We make no representation that material on this website is appropriate or available for use outside of the UK or for the general public. If you access this website from outside of the UK, you do so on your own initiative and, to the extent that local laws apply, you are responsible for compliance with local laws. If you are not a registered user or have diabetes and wish to register your interest in clinical trial participation, please do not use this website.
This website and all content available on or through this website, including, without limitation, text, reviews, results, photographs or other images, audio material, films or other moving images (collectively, the "Materials") are provided on an "as is" basis. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise by implied are now expressly excluded and no representations or warranties of any kind are made in respect of the Materials including, but not limited to, warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, conformity to description, non-infringement or adequacy. We give no warranty as to the completeness, compliance with applicable laws, timeliness or reliability of any Materials.
Further, we make no representations or warranties regarding the performance, availability, functionality or any other aspect of this website, including, without limitation, any representation that use of this website will be uninterrupted, error-free or completely secure. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content you may obtain from this website is free of viruses and other potentially harmful devices.
3. Exclusions of liability
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any of our officers, employees or agents; or
- Fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any liability which it is not lawful to exclude either now or in the future.
Subject to the above, we will not be liable, whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract or otherwise, for: (a) any loss or damage which may arise from reliance on any Materials; (b) any inaccuracies, omissions or misleading, false or deceptive statement in the Materials; (c) any loss, damage or costs suffered or incurred by you arising from viruses or other harmful components received via this website; (d) interuption to business; (e) events beyond our reasonable control; or (f) any loss of profits; loss of business; depletion of goodwill or similar losses; loss of anticipated savings; loss of contracts; loss of use; loss or corruption of data or information; or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss incurred by any user in connection with this website, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages and whether or not such loss or damages is/are foreseeable.
5. Data protection
6. Your registration
Access to some areas of this website is restricted to UK healthcare professionals who have registered their details with us. It is a condition of use of this website that all the details you provide will be correct, current and complete. If we believe they are not, we reserve the right to refuse you access to this website and to terminate or suspend your account.
If you register with us and you choose, or you are provided with, a password as part of the registration process, you must treat your password as confidential and you must not disclose it to anyone else. We shall be entitled to monitor your password and, at our discretion, require you to change it.
7. Access to and use of this website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website, the Materials and the trade marks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and products featured on this website. No use of any of these may be made without our prior written authorisation, except to identify our products or services.
Except as set out in the limited licence above (or as required under any applicable law), no part of this website may be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in full or in part, for any purpose without our prior written consent. In particular, you are not permitted to republish any part of this website on another website, in any other medium (print, electronic or otherwise) or as part of any commercial service without our prior written permission. All the intellectual property rights referred to above remain owned by us or our relevant licensor.
8. Acceptable use of this website
While accessing, browsing and/or using this website you must:
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes;
- Not impersonate another person or use a false name or email address;
- Not link to any part of the website other than the homepage;
- Not collect or store personally identifiable information regarding other users (unless expressly authorised to do so by Novo Nordisk);
- Not frame or use framing techniques to enclose this website, or any part of the website, without our prior written consent;
- Not modify, or attempt to modify, all or any part of the content on this website; and/or
- Not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which this website is stored or any third party server, computer or database connected to this website.
Whilst you may link to the homepage of this website, you must only do so in a way that is fair, does not harm our reputation and does not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement of you, your goods or services and/or your website by us.
9. Termination or suspension of your access to the website
At any time and without giving you any advance notice, we may permanently or temporarily and for any reason:
- Terminate, suspend or deny your access to this website (whether in whole or in part);
- Terminate your permission to link to this website; and/or
- Remove or edit any content on this website, and
in such circumstances all our liability (as well as the liability of our directors, employees or other representatives) for any loss whatsoever arising from our removing or editing content and/or your limited use of or inability to use this website (either in whole or in part) is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law.
10. Material that you submit
- You grant us a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use, copy, distribute, publish, syndicate, sub-license and transmit the whole or any part of such material (including without limitation any of the information, details, ideas, concepts and/or formats contained within it) in any manner, for any purpose and in any format and/or media (including, without limitation, archiving and making such material available on this website);
- To the extent permissible by law, you waive all moral rights subsisting in such materials anywhere in the world;
- All materials (other than personal or health related information) are treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary;
- Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion and we reserve the right (but not the obligation) to edit or otherwise amend such materials prior to publication;
- You agree that we may (at our discretion) disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material sent by you to this website is defamatory, is in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright), in breach of any of the warranties set out below or otherwise is in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code;
- You warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
- You warrant that the material you submit is not: obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code; and
- You acknowledge that any breach of the warranties set out above may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently on demand against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
Whilst you acknowledge that we do not necessarily pre-screen any material that you submit to this website, we reserve the right to remove, at any time and without reason or prior notice or any liability to you, any material that you have submitted.
11. Third party links
This website may provide links to other websites that are not under the control of Novo Nordisk. When you follow those links, you will leave this website. We have no control over the content of such third party websites and do not endorse or recommend them, the information they contain nor any third party's products or services that they refer to. Further, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the content of any such third party website linked to this website and give no representation or warranty (express or implied) as to the information that they contain.
14. Governing law and jurisdiction